Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
04/20/24 at 08:09:39
News: Welcome to my Novell forums. I support a large Novell environment, and started this forum to make note of problems I've fixed, etc, that may be helpful to others. It also gives me a place to record fixes and things I've learned so that when I run across them again, I can go back and find what I did the last time. Smiley I hope you find it useful. Feel free to post your own tips, tricks, and trips if you like. If you have any questions you can email me at sam at csilogan dot com. (of course, convert that to x@x.com format) Have fun!

Pages: 1
Cannot read Hotmail messages (Read 14238 times)
Sam
YaBB Administrator

I love NetWare

Cannot read Hotmail messages
11/24/08 at 14:50:10

I had a computer brought to me that stumped me for a long time. My customer has a hotmail account. She could log into it with no problem. All of her emails would be listed. But when she tried to open an email, it would not open. In the lower-left corner there would be the word "javascript;;", but that was it. VERY rarely, she was able to open an email. but more than 90% of the time, it would just sit there. If she went to another computer and logged into Hotmail from there, she could access her mail without any problems. I could access her email from my computer. So it was definitely not her Hotmail account. She was using IE6. But so am I. So it's not an IE7 thing. I installed Firefox on her PC. It did the same thing. I removed and reinstalled Java. That didn't help. I rebuilt her tcp stack (net int ip reset logfile.txt). That did nothing. I removed Norton Internet Security. This seemed to help, but not consistently.

Finally, I tried running the winsock fix. It's available all over the Internet. (Google for 'winsock fix'). After running that program, I can consistently access her Hotmail. Her son has a Hotmail account as well. It would also consistently fail prior to applying the winsock fix. Now it works like it should as well.

I'm posting this because I could find no other place that had this as a resolution. I found many people looking for answers for the same problem, but no one with a fix that worked for me. I hope this helps someone.

If this helped you I'd love to know about it. Please email me at sam at csilogan dot com and let me know.

Thanks,
Sam

« Last Edit: 12/06/08 at 15:42:51 by Sam »  

-- Sam
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1